Property and Evidence Technician
The McKenzie County Sheriff’s Office property and evidence unit is responsible for all property that our staff take in as part of their day to day duties. The items handled by the property and evidence unit consist of items of evidence, lost and found items, and items for safe keeping. The primary responsibilities of the property and evidence unit include:
- Keeping evidentiary items in as close a condition to its original condition as possible.
- Preventing the inadvertent loss of evidence.
- Preventing contamination of evidence.
- Preventing contamination of persons who come in contact with the evidence.
- Preserving the integrity of a piece of evidence for court presentation.